Sunday, December 2, 2007

Cookies and Tastycakes

How I love to bake, let me count the ways:


Fun to measure stuff.
Use my favorite kitchen appliance . . . my Kitchen Aide stand mixer.

Warms up the kitchen in the winter and fills the house w/ yummy smells.

Spread the love--I send baked goods home to my parents, bring to family get-togethers, bring to my office to share, send to work with my husband to share with his team.

Baked goods taste so damn good.

So this weekend, I tried my hand at some complicated decorations on cupcakes and baked Walnut and Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip cookies.


Cupcake recipe:

1 box Dunkin Hine's Red Velvet cake mix (yeah, I cheated!)
1 can each of strawberry and milk chocolate frostings
various icings and sprinkles










Cookie recipe:
1/2 cup of shortening (I use butter-flavored Crisco)
1/2 cup butter (softened)
beat for 30 seconds, then add
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
mix until combine, then add
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
then add slowly
2 1/2 cups flour
This time I added about 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and a bag of peanut butter and chocolate chips (ooh, they sell them combined now!).





No comments: